Friday, April 17, 2009

tummy time...for the birds


Sydney absolutely detests tummy time - as you can see from the photos. According to everything I've read, tummy time is apparently very important because it helps the baby strengthen the muscles necessary to roll over and crawl. Tummy time with Sydney usually lasts only a few minutes because she starts to cry almost immediately. When she was just barely 3 months old, Sydney was on her tummy on the floor and rolled over on her own. I was so proud! So, I flipped her back on her belly, and she did it again. But, it was 6 weeks before she rolled over again. Now, at 4 and 1/2 months, she has finally started rolling over on a consistant basis. I've been a little concerned, so I'm relieved she's officially completed this milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment