Tuesday, December 15, 2009

happy 1st birthday, sydney!



Party at Grandma & Grandpa Sturgills' house

Yes, she had a bath immediately after the party.

I just can't believe it! I can't believe Sydney is already 1! Crazy! Where has the time gone? Where did the seasons go? It's as if someone hit the fastforward button on my life in 2009. These milestones are bitter/sweet. Of course sweet because it's so fun and rewarding to watch her grow and develop. But, also a little bitter because I'm coming to realize just how quickly these years will go. It's in these moments of realization I remind myself to live in the moment and savor every minute!

Thanks to Aunt Kylie and Grandma for throwing Sydney a fabulous pre-birthday bash in Kentucky! As you can see from the pictures, she had so much fun digging into her little cake. All of the gifts were perfect. Sydney is so lucky to have so many people in her life who love her so much!

On her actual birthday, December 7th, I threw Sydney an intimate shindig at the house. I went back and forth trying to decide if I should go all out or keep it simple. I ended up keeping it pretty low key because we had only gotten back from our trip the day before.
Thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Overton, Brad & Aubrey, and Katie & Elliott for sharing in Sydney's special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment