Thursday, April 8, 2010

sesame street junkie


Okay, I hate to admit it, but my daughter is addicted to Sesame Street. Not that there's anything wrong with Sesame Street, it's just that I didn't want her to like TV. I know, what kid doesn't like TV? Well, she loves it, in fact, and her favorite show is Sesame Street. Every time we walk into my bedroom she immediately points at the TV screen and says "Mo" over and over and over again. Mo = Elmo.

I definitely have a love/hate relationship with the TV. I love that it occupies my daughter so I have an opportunity to get things done, but I always feel so guilty after I've let her watch it. If she watches more than 30 minutes a day, I feel like the biggest slacker. What's the happy medium? I know nobody reads my blog but my mom and sister; however, if someone happens to stumble upon this post and has some thoughts on the subject, please don't hesitate to share. :)

3 comments:

  1. You know my opinion....a little TV is necessary!!! At least for our sanity :) But believe me...I have the same love/hate relationship and associated guilt with the dear television. Let me know when you find another free babysitter for 30 min/day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Super cute picture of Sydney!

    ReplyDelete